Monday, September 25, 2017

Shish Kebob

I am not a person who easily gives away a moments sleep.  I need (truly need) 8 hours a night without interruption.  But that devilish invitation to run wild in the playground of terror was unavoidable the past few nights.  Just like that – I am alert and giving life to imagined scenarios.     

         Writing about it in the light – makes those feelings of dread I experienced (during those ungodly hours of night) seem crazy.  But there I was, tossing and turning, going over every detail (actual or imagined) about my failed attempt to host a party.  With all the possible anxieties to hold me captive, the food I chose to prepare & serve became my tormentor! 

I woke reliving how everything prepared tasted terrible.
(Oh Lord, Shish Kebob)
I felt embarrassed and ashamed of the presentation to my guests.
(Good God, Shish Kebob)
I feared the possibility I might have poisoned everyone.
(Have Mercy, Shish Kebob)

Could chicken and beef skewers really have that much power over me?

         On the third night of waking up panicked about Shish Kebob, I stopped the demon in its tracks!   I realized that I was my own worst enemy – listening to a wicked tune.  The get-together, love and laughter shared should have been the lullaby soothing me to sleep.   I had taken my eye off of what was good and allowed Shish Kebob to fill me with foolish worries.

Next time your mind is occupied and fears lead you on a path
of sleeplessness, ask yourself …    Is it something real?  
Or quite possibly, is it just Shish Kebob?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Truth

Unfiltered ~ Unedited The truth crept up on me like the unwanted vine overpowering the roses growing outside my kitchen window.    With unde...