Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Time to Behold


A butterfly circles and glides past me with sovereignty reserved for God’s holiest of beings.  Its magnificent design embodies the spirit of heavenly angels with delicate wings emulating the autumn sky. There is a gentle aura of grace as it floats through the air. Peacefully drifting, awaiting only the invitation to be noticed. 

How blessed I am to behold this divine creature.

I could have easily missed it, as in days past.  Walked absentmindedly out the door, down the porch steps and into my car.  Gone about my day, missing this gift sent from heaven above.  

But today, that was not to be…

For this is the story of my current life and it’s unhurried pace. It is living in the present tense with gratitude for the breath filling my lungs. Standing faithful and determined not to let trials cloud what is gloriously unfolding around me.

Through the movement of the butterfly – I am beholding the angels and saints who have come to let me know that I am not alone. This encounter with the butterfly grants me the fortune to - not  just see, but also witness - not just observe, but also receive.  Belief dwelling within me is given flight and what was once unseen has been made known.

And in this time of beholding  - it is well with my soul.
* For Ann - who also received a gift from the butterfly *


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Truth

Unfiltered ~ Unedited The truth crept up on me like the unwanted vine overpowering the roses growing outside my kitchen window.    With unde...