Friday, November 24, 2017

Before Every After



There are Before and After instances in everyone’s lives. It is the universal shift, altering our direction and leading to paths unknown.  The Just Like That moment in life, when Before turns upside down to become the After.  I can identify so many big and small After instants (like falling in love, giving birth…), which changed the course of my future.  I can clearly see the Before my Mom’s death and defining shift in my world After her passing.  Further reflection brings into focus the Before MS diagnosis and the After effect on my life. 

The moment After this one, very often has to be lived as never Before.

I listen carefully to the sound floating through the air as I leave the funeral mass for my friends son … what exactly am I hearing?  I cannot immediately pinpoint the origin of the sound.  I stop; lift my head, giving full attention to its whereabouts.  I have heard this certain something Before.   It is STILLNESS - a QUIET that cuts through the sorrow piercing my soul.  The sound is like the gentle rhythm of a heartbeat …and I know that what I am hearing is the sound of Life Moving Forward.   

Without skipping a beat, Before is gone making room for every After.

~~~~

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”  
Revelation 21:4

1 comment:

  1. You have such depth, and then bring God's light and resurrection so profoundly; trusting He has you in the palm of His hand. Your story gave me chills, feeling Gods love through you❣️

    ReplyDelete

The Truth

Unfiltered ~ Unedited The truth crept up on me like the unwanted vine overpowering the roses growing outside my kitchen window.    With unde...